35th Breakfast@Sustainability’s Cultural and Natural Heritage for regional Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3)
17 November 2020, 09:30 – 12:00 (CET)
What is Smart Specialisation and how does it contribute to regional development in Europe? What is the status of Research and Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) and to what extent are they integrating cultural and natural resources? How can the cultural and natural heritage contribute to rural regeneration?
The answers to all of these questions will be given on the 35th “Breakfast at Sustainability’s” that brings together representatives of EU institutions and cultural organizations, actors of rural change, researchers and regional officers, to discuss the unexplored nexus between Smart Specialization, Cultural and Natural Heritage and Rural Regeneration.
The 35th Breakfast at Sustainability’s will be hosted online by ICLEI Europe in the context of our project.
The invited speakers are.
- Laurent de Mercey, European Commission, Unity Smart and Sustainable Growth (DG REGIO)
- Maciej Hofman, Policy Officer, Culture – Cultural and creative sectors (DG EAC)
- Alessandro Rainoldi, Head of Unit, Territorial Development, Joint Research Centre (European Commission)
- Prof. Fusco Girard, Associate Professor at IRISS – Institute for Research on Innovation and Services for Development (Italy)
- Prof. Simona Tondelli, Full Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Bologna, Project Coordinator of RURITAGE
- Gumersindo Bueno Benito, General Director for Cultural Heritage, Region of Castilla y León (Spain)
- Gabriela Macoveiu, Director of the Communication, Innovation and External Cooperation Department at North-East Regional Development Agency (Romania).
To join the event, please register here
More information: Stephania Xydia, Governance & Social Innovation Officer, ICLEI Europe – email@example.com