RURITAGE Photo contest
Do you want to show the world what makes your rural area special? Help us see it the way you do!
Take part in the RURITAGE photo contest!
Our RURITAGE community is formed by many rural areas from all over the world. Many of them are hidden treasures with a unique identity that only locals have been lucky enough to enjoy… up to now!
Submission deadline extended until 30 November 2020!
WHAT IS THE RURITAGE PHOTO CONTEST ABOUT?
The RURITAGE photo contest is a unique opportunity for local communities to showcase the potential of the natural and cultural heritage of their rural areas. We want to discover what it is like to see those areas from the local point of view and to understand what is distinctive and special about them.
While the overarching topic of the photo contest is the natural and cultural heritage of rural areas, participants can submit pictures that reflect one or several of the following aspects: nature, architecture, daily life, activities, traditions, challenges, Pilgrimage, Resilience, Landscape, Food, Migration or Art & Festivals.
The photo contest is focused on the following territories:
1. Karavanke/Karawanken UNESCO Global Geopark (Austria/Slovenia)
2. Magma UNESCO Global Geopark
3. Geo-Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald (UNESCO Global Geopark) (Germany)
4. Festival of Love in Negova village (Slovenia)
5. Appignano del Tronto (Italy)
6. Izmir Geopark in Gediz-Bakircay Basins (Turkey)
7. Hidden Heartlands (Ireland)
8. St. Olav Waterway (Finland)
9. I Cammini Di Francesco (Italy)
10. Marinas Corunesas Biosphere Reserve (Spain)
11. Lower Prut Biosphere Reserve (Republic of Moldova)
12. Styrian Eisenwurzen Geopark (Austria)
13. Restad gard Migration Centre (Sweden)
14. Meseta Iberica Biosphere Reserve (Portugal)
15. Cincu (Romania)
16. Ripe San Ginesio (Italy)
17. Ifugao Houses (Philippines)
18. Tetritskaro (Georgia)
19. Causeway Coast (UK)
20. Historic vineyards in Santa Maria (Portugal)
21. Battir (Palestine)
22. Ostarp Museum (Sweden)
23. Terre Astigiane Ecomuseum (Italy)
24. Via Mariae (Romania)
25. French Santiago Way through Castilla & Leon (Spain)
26. Take Art, County of Somerset (UK)
27. Austrått and Ørland landscape (Norway)
28. Lesvos Islands Global UNESCO Geopark (Greece)
29. Colombian Coffee UNESCO Culture Landscape (Colombia)
30. Douro Cultural Landscape (Spain/Portugal)
31. Visegrád (Hungary)
32. Wild Atlantic Way (Ireland)
33. Human resilience in South Iceland Katla Geopark (Iceland)
34. Resilience in Crete Psiloritis UNESCO Global Geopark and NHMC (Greece)
35. Agro-food production in Apulia (Italy)
36. PIAM- Migrants hospitality in the Asti Province (Italy)
- Rules and selection criteria:
Note: In case of lack of consistency between the original English version and the corresponding translations, the English version will prevail.
Ready to participate? Enter submission form by clicking at this link.